Year of foundation: 1997
Approx. number of students: 5,000
Period of study: Mid September-End January; Mid February-Mid July
MCI partner since: 2010
Lucerne is the capital of the Canton of Lucerne and seat of the district with the same name. With a population of approx. 76,000, Lucerne is the most populous city in Central Switzerland and a focal point of the region. The city's agglomeration consists of 17 municipalities in three cantons with an overall population of nearly 200,000. Due to its location on the shore of Lake Lucerne (Vierwaldstättersee), within sight of Mount Pilatus and Rigi in the Swiss Alps, Lucerne is traditionally considered first and foremost as a tourist destination. One of the city's famous landmarks is Chapel Bridge (Kapellbrücke), a wooden bridge first built in the 14th century.
Lucerne University of Applied Sciences (German: Hochschule Luzern) is a Swiss public vocational university with campuses in Lucerne, Horw and Zug.
It consists of the following schools:
* School of Engineering and Architecture (Hochschule Luzern - Technik & Architektur)
* Business School (Hochschule Luzern - Wirtschaft)
* School of Social work (Hochschule Luzern - Soziale Arbeit)
* School of Art and Design (Hochschule Luzern - Design & Kunst)
* School of Music (Hochschule Luzern - Musik)
MCI Tourism students study at the Hochschule Luzern-Wirtschaft; its campus is directly in Lucerne city.www.hslu.ch/wirtschaft Zurück