- Students who want to improve their data visualization skills
- Students who are interested in using data to make better (business) decisions
- Students who want to learn how to use a specific software (Tableau) for visualizing and understanding large amounts of data
- There are no programming skills required; students can get a free educational license for Tableau Desktop.
- Intro: Visualizing data effectively
- Installing Tableau
- Connecting to data (e.g. from Excel spreadsheets)
- Using the interface
- Creating first visualizations
Why is data visualization important?
In almost every field, data need to be analyzed in order to make informed decisions. Knowing how to visualize data effectively is not only relevant for students but it is also a critical skill for many careers. Data visualization gives you a better understanding of the meaning of large amounts of data. For example, it helps you spotting trends or telling a convincing story to an audience - no matter if in a course presentation or your job.
What is Tableau?
Tableau is an easy-to-use software that provides tools for analyzing data and illustrating patterns and insights. Various tools can be used for analyzing data and producing visualization. While some of them require programming skills, Tableau has a user-friendly interface and does not require programming skills.
This online course introduces students to Tableau Public (a free access version of Tableau) and Tableau Desktop.
- Date: 12. + 30.05.2023 (self paced learning); 16.05.2023, 6.00 - 07.30 pm (MCI Webinar)
- Format: Online - MCI Webinar & Online Course, 1 x 2 TU + 8 TU
- Costs: EUR 30,-
- Lecturer: Christiane Aufschnaiter
- Group size: Maximum of 40 participants
- Methodology: Self-paced, guided learning path on Sakai (video inputs, exercises using the Tableau interface, multiple choice test), Q&A MCI Webinar
- Language: English
- Badge: Data Science | Basics, eCommerce | Basics
- Venue: Online Classroom
Registration for this career event starts on February 01, 2023!
Students who participate in a Badge program are kindly asked to register for this career event only via: