- Are you looking to learn how to make convincing arguments? Would you like to hone your critical thinking skills, or simply overcome your fear of public speaking? If yes, then this seminar is for you.
- The seminar is designed for those who have a good command of English (at least B1-B2 level according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) as well as a keen interest in economic affairs, business, corporate social responsibility etc.
- learn how to understand, critically respond to, and question other points of view
- use sources to research debate topics and prepare speeches
- analyze, evaluate and construct arguments
- analyze and evaluate speeches
- practice the structure and language of debate speeches
- debate in a team according to rules agreed to in class
Following this seminar, participants should be able to:
- construct arguments and use appropriate language in argumentative speech
- recognize and use rhetorical devices
- give informative and persuasive speeches in a well-structured manner
- evaluate, analyze and react to arguments critically
- function in groups according to the roles prescribed by the debating rules
People don’t always agree with each other. This is a fact. And through rhetoric, the ancient art of discussion, participants will use logical arguments based on inductive and deductive reasoning to convey their opinions on various discourse topics .They will learn to create an emotional reaction in an audience. They will also learn to project a trustworthy, authoritative, and charismatic image to their audience. When debating, participants will learn to focus on the speaker, the content, and the listener.
- Date: 17. + 24.04.2023, 05.30 - 08.45 pm + 05.30 - 09.30 pm
- Format: Face-to-Face - Seminar, 1 x 4 TU + 1 x 5 TU
- Costs: EUR 20,-
- Lecturer: Alexander Neil Macdonalds
- Group size: Max. 20 participants
- Methodology: Interactive lecture, individual consultation, group discussions and role-plays
- Language: English
- Badge: Responsible Management
- Venue: MCI I, Universitaetsstrasse 15
Registration for this career event starts on February 01, 2023!
Students who participate in a Badge program are kindly asked to register for this career event only via: