Students of all study programs at MCI, who are interested in learning new creative ways to present complex information and data, engage their audience with informative and well-designed graphics and charts as well as learn different tools to create appealing pictures, infographics, flipbooks and much more.
Participants will learn:
- about the benefits of using visual aids and why people prefer picture to text
- how to create effective and appealing visual aids for their presentation and use it properly in their own practice
- how to structure and organize complex content into a compact and understandable visual presentation
- tools to create different types of visual aids
We have all heard it a hundred times: a picture is worth more than a thousand words. And it happens to be true. Our brain perceives information much faster and memorizes it much better through visual aids. Words just cannot compete with this powerful effect. Especially while presenting complex content and data, visual aids can be a big help. Diagrams, mind-maps, posters, infographics, flip-books, slides, videos… all these types of visual aids can help you to reach your audience, explain complex material and engage your listener. The emphasis of this workshop is on the construction and use of appealing, low-cost visual aids. You will have the opportunity to try out different tools to create astonishing presentations and learn different photo editing tricks as well as learn how to bring the final product of your work to your target audience and communicate with them in a more appealing and creative way.
- Date: 17.10.2022, 5.30 - 8.00 pm + 25.10.2022, 5.30 - 7.00 pm
- Format: Online - MCI Webinar, 1 x 3 TU + 1 x 2 TU
- Costs: EUR 15,-
- Lecturer: Lyuba Stafyeyeva
- Group size: max. 40 participants
- Methodology: Interactive lecture, individual consultation and group discussions
- Language: English
- Badge: Data Science | Basics, Digital Communication, Learning Skills, Scientific Data Management
- Venue: Online Classroom
Registration for this career event starts on September 20, 2022!
Students who participate in a Badge program are kindly asked to register for this career event only via: