Students from all departments interested in founding or working in a start-up are invited to participate.
- Start-up basics: definitions, characteristics and the life cycle of a start-up
- Understanding and defining your product or service
- Defining and approaching your market
- Building organizations (value chain / founder & team / culture)
- Financial and legal issues
Founding a start-up and also working in one has emerged as a real career opportunity. Due to their charac-teristics, start-ups have their own way of doing things when looking at processes, tools and particularly mindsets that are important to understand when pursuing a career in this field.
During this summer school students will get to know the most important tools and practices that are specific to the everyday life of a start-up. This includes understanding the real problem to be solved, defining a promising market and selling a product or service to your customers by delivering it the way your audience group is expecting it. The acquired competences will be applied in a written assignment at the end of the summer school.
Thus, students will
- develop an understanding of the characteristics of start-ups and their life cycle
- understand what to take into consideration when shaping a product
- understand how to come up with the right go-to-market strategy
- learn the mechanics of a company and how its value chain is functioning
- learn which financial and surrounding topics need consideration to build a solid ground
- Date: 29. + 30.03.2023, 05.30 - 08.00 pm
03. + 04.04.2023, 09.00 am - 04.00 pm
05.04.2023, 09.00 am - 04.45 pm
06.04.2023, 09.00 am - 04.00 pm
07.04.2023, 09.00 am - 01.00 pm
- Format: Online - MCI Webinar, 41 TU, 3,5 ECTS
- Costs: EUR 150,-
- Lecturer: Desiree Wieser, Benjamin Suitner
- Group size: Max. 20 participants
- Methodology: Lecture, presentations
- Language: English
- Badge: Start-Up Management
- Venue: Online Classroom
Registration for this career event starts on February 01, 2023!
Students who participate in a Badge program are kindly asked to register for this career event only via: