Students of all study programs at MCI who want to develop their knowledge and understanding in sustainability with a special focus on carbon literacy and climate change, and find opportunities to take action in their own context.
Participants will learn about:
- The basic science behind climate change
- Social equity & climate change
- What you can do to act on climate change
- Strategies and skills for communicating action on climate change
Carbon Literacy is defined as “an awareness of the carbon dioxide costs and impacts of everyday activities, and the ability and motivation to reduce emissions, on an individual, community and organisational basis” (The Carbon Literacy Project). People who are carbon literate understand how climate change works and how it will affect them and the people around them. This training will allow you to acquire knowledge and skills that enable you to develop your own responses to lowering your carbon footprint and that of others, while having the confidence to share your carbon literacy. In addition to being important in your personal context, carbon literacy is also a desirable asset for any workplace and will make you more employable.
This workshop will be facilitated by trainers certified by the Carbon Literacy Project.
- Date: 13. + 20.03.2023, 05.30 - 08.00 pm (MCI Webinar); 14. - 19.03.2023 (self paced learning)
- Format: Online - MCI Webinar & Online Course, 2 x 3 TU + 2 TU
- Costs: EUR 20,-
- Lecturer: Regina Obexer, Julia Waldegger
- Group size: Max. 25 participants
- Methodology: Interactive blended learning
- Language: English
- Badge: Responsible Management, Sustainable Development
- Venue: Online Classroom
Registration for this career event starts on February 01, 2023!
Students who participate in a Badge program are kindly asked to register for this career event only via: