All MCI students who are interested in learning about social entrepreneurship from a successful social entrepreneur
- Introducing of the presenter
- Goals of the webinar
- Definitions of Social Enterprise and Social Business
- Fostering Social Entrepreneurship: Introducing the Social Innovation Academy (SINA)
- Inspiration through examples of successful social enterprises from around the world
- Business and Impact Models
- How to start a social enterprise (start small and fail fast)
- Practical Idea Generation challenge
“If you do what you always did, you will get what you always got” (A. Einstein).
New approaches towards solving ecological and societal challenges are needed for a sustainable future. Social Enterprises are hybrid organizations exhibiting characteristics of the profit and non-profit sector and have been gaining substantial importance for social change through business.
This MCIWebinar will give an introduction into social entrepreneurship. Through case studies of organizations having long lasting and vast impact, improving lives while generating revenue, it seeks to inspire participants towards taking action. At the same time, participants will gain an understanding of the basic principles of social entrepreneurship and its practical application from idea generation to the creation of a social enterprise. Participants will also be equipped with recommendations for further reading and links to open source tools for embarking on the journey to become a social entrepreneur.
- Date: 15.03.2024, 06.00 - 07.30 pm
- Format: Online - MCI Webinar, 1 x 2 TU
- Costs: EUR 15,-
- Lecturer: Etienne Salborn, Founder of the Social Innovation Academy (SINA)
- Group size: Max. 25 participants
- Methodology: Lecture, Interaction and Practical parts
- Language: English
- Badge: Entrepreneurship & Start-ups, Responsible Management
- Venue: Online Classroom
Registration for this career event starts on February 01, 2024!
Students who participate in a Badge program are kindly asked to register for this career event only via: