The whole event is brought to you by 7 motivated young individuals. Students of Management, Communication & IT as well as Business & Management work together to make the Earth Day 2021 come to life: Stefanie, Magdalena, Lukas, Anna, Sonja, Marina and Melanie
Who can participate, and what do I need to know?
Everyone around the world who follows the earthday_mci Instagram account can participate in the challenges.
Participation in the competition is free of charge. An independent jury will decide on the awarding of prizes. With your participation in the competition you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by the following conditions. You agree to accept the decisions of the jury as final. Legal recourse is excluded.
MCI reserves the right to exclude individual participants from the competition if they violate the conditions of participation
The competition can be cancelled by the organizers at any time without giving reasons.
What are the requirements for participation?
- You MUST be following the @earthday_mci instagram account
- You have to submit your contribution by published only via Instagram Stories
- Your contribution has to include the hashtag #EDmci2021 and the account handle @earthday_mci,
- Challenges will be open for until the next challenge is posted (i.e. from Monday to Thursday and from Thursday to Monday). Your contribution has to be published within that timeframe in order to be considered by the jury.
Note: Only contributions that are posted within 24 hours of a challenge being released can be reposted by earthday_mci.
How many challenges are there, and when will they be posted?
The competition will start on 22.03.2021 and end on 19.04.2021, with 8 challenges in total, posted twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays. The last challenge will be posted on 16.04.2021.
What do I need to consider when I create my contribution?
Each challenge will invite you to become active and show what your responsABLE self does in a creative way. You are welcome to use any form of content (images, video, audio, text…) you like – the more creative you are, the better.
Your contribution must be in English and must be your own, original and unpublished work.
You must not infringe any copyright law (so if you use pictures, music, etc. that are not your own, make sure you have the right to use them and apply copyright notices as appropriate).
The more great submissions you make, the higher your chance to win!
When is the deadline?
Entries will be accepted until 19 April 2021, 24:00 h CET.
Save the date: Make sure you sign up for the MCI Earth Day Speaker session on 22 April 2021 from 19:00 – 21:00 h, when the winners will be announced. Just in case you are one of them!
What rights do I grant the organisers?
- By submitting a contribution, you agree to the following:
- The organising team may repost your submission on @earthday_mci's Instagram stories
- Your submission will be included in a collage of all submissions that will be posted after the challenge
- You agree to enter the competition and have your submission reposted by @earthday_mci
- If you win the competition and accept a prize, you grant permission to MCI to use your Instagram handle and/or Name and your submitted stories for purposes of communication and outreach without further consent or compensation.
How will the winners be chosen?
The winners will be chosen by a Jury consisting of members of the Organising Team. The selection will be based on
- the frequency of posts (i.e. how often do you participate in a challenge)
- the quality and creativity of the stories submitted
When and how will the winners be announced?
The winners will be announced during the online MCI Earth Day Speaker session on 22 April 2021, starting at 19:00. Winners who are not in attendance at the event will be notified via Instagram Message.
The competition is organised by MCI. The competition is published via the social media platform Instagram, but is otherwise not connected with Instagram and is in particular not co-organised, sponsored or supported by it in any way.