All MCI students
- Defining sustainable development
- Why sustainable development?
- A brief history of sustainable development
- The SDGs and how they are being implemented and measured
- Sustainable development as a local and global issue
- What can you do to contribute to the SDGs?
Learners in this course will develop a sound understanding of the concept of Sustainable Development, its emergence over the past decade, and its meaning and importance today. We will discuss why sustainable development is essential in the 21st century, and how the United Nations and its member countries are pursuing their vision of a world which works for people, planet and prosperity.
Using a mix of input, activities and discussions, we will take a deep-dive into the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), exploring their sub-goals, how these are implemented and measured, and the synergies and trade-offs they come with. We will also look at contemporary critique of the goals and finally discuss how each and every one of us can make a contribution to Agenda 2030 and a more sustainable and just world.
- Date: 24.10.2022, 6.00 – 8.30 pm
- Format: Online - MCI Webinar, 1 x 3 TU
- Costs: EUR 15,-
- Lecturer: Regina Obexer
- Group size: max. 30 participants
- Language: English
- Badge: Responsible Management, Sustainable Development
- Venue: Online Classroom
Registration for this career event starts on September 20, 2022!
Students who participate in a Badge program are kindly asked to register for this career event only via: