Students who are in the process of applying for an internship, semester abroad, scholarship, furtherstudy place, or for those preparing for their first job
- Understanding employment as “exchange relationship” building on match
- Understanding match in terms of social values
- Self-assessment of own self-concept and social values
- Assessment of company self-concept and social values
- Addressing the match in application material
Given that successful relationships between employers and employees build on the perfect “match” or “fit”, applicants need to be able to navigate a highly complex web of requirements and offerings when taking career choices.
The workshop seeks to develop this ability by helping participants to
- assess and understand their individual interests, self-concepts and social values
- assess and evaluate the target organizations’ (companies, NGOs, universities, etc…)interests, self-concepts and social values (as communicated through job ads, corporate web-sites, etc…) in order to take informed decisions where to apply best.
Building on this comparative assessment participants develop strategies how to best address the match of interests, self-concepts and social values through their individual application material (CV, cover letter, etc…).
- Date: 10. + 17.01.2024, 05.30 – 09.30 pm
- Format: Face-to-Face - Seminar, 2 x 5 TU
- Costs: EUR 30,--
- Lecturer: Martina Kohlberger
- Group size: Max. 20 participants
- Methodology: Interactive lecture, individual consultation, group discussions and role-plays
- Language: English
- Badge: International Career Skills, Self Marketing
- Venue: MCI I, Universitaetsstrasse 15
Registration for this career event starts on September 20, 2023!
Students who participate in a Badge program are kindly asked to register for this career event only via: