Living in Innsbruck
Finding accommodation in Innsbruck
The Students Union (ÖH) at Innsbruck University keeps full and up-to-date lists of available flats, studio apartments etc. The service is available to both students and accommodation providers.
This way to the ÖH accommodation lists for Innsbruck
You can also try one of the online accommodation agencies (Please be aware that some agencies may charge brokerages):
Facts about ISH
- Location: Rechengasse 7, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria.
- Equipment and furniture in rooms: Rooms are single rooms and fully furnished. This includes a small kitchenette, a bathroom, Internet access and a phone (phone rates not included in rent, extra charges).
- Recreational facilities: Table tennis, sports room, TV room, music room, billard, terrace, computer room, newspapers.
- Other information:
- Students need to bring their own cutlery/dishes.
- Students need to bring their own pillows, duvets, matress covers and linen. (Pillows, duvets and mattress covers can also be bought or rented from ISH)
- Visitors are allowed between 7 a.m. and midnight, but not overnight.
- A receptionist is in charge of security and checks entry and exit of visitors.
- The entire dormitory is a non-smoking building.
- Sanitary rooms are cleaned every 14 days.
- For more information, please see ISH’s website: www.studentenhaus.at.
How to apply and terms of payment
- For further information about conditions of payment and registration please refer to ISH’s website: www.studentenhaus.at
- When you register for ISH please mention that you are an exchange student from MCI.
Many international students book a room in a student dormitory via OeAD, the Austrian Agency for International Mobility and Cooperation in Education, Science, and Research. For this service OeAD's local housing office Innsbruck charges a service fee of EUR 15 per month of stay and a registration fee (one-off payment) of EUR 35. Student dorms may charge a small administrative fee as well. In addition, there may be bank transfer fees when you transfer the mandatory deposit to OeAD's bank account.
Student dorms fill up fast, especially in the fall semester and single rooms are highly coveted. We recommend that students apply very early.
Please follow this link to apply for a room in a student dorm via OeAD. Select Innsbruck as your destination. Important: Your application for a room will only be processed after you have transferred the registration fee (EUR 35) to OeAD!
After you have applied for a room and paid your deposit, OeAD will process your booking and send you a booking confirmation by email. Once you have received this confirmation, you may still cancel your booking within two weeks and will get your deposit back without any service charges from OeAD. After that period, your booking is binding. Please carefully read the terms and conditions on OeAD's website. To secure a room, please apply for a room early and pay the deposit immediately!
OeAD will assign many students to a dormitory of the WIST association (Wirtschaftshilfe für Studenten). This association runs several dormitories across Innsbruck, and you can indicate to which of these dormitories you would like to be assigned. If you come to Innsbruck before October 01 or March 01, you should contact the WIST office in advance. Rooms are usually available as of that date, but if the WIST has spare rooms you may be able to move in earlier. If you need a dorm room from September 01 onwards (rather than from October 01 onwards), please indicate this in you application to OeAD and book your room early.
For more information please check out OeAD’s website or contact them directly:
OeAD Housing Office Innsbruck
Tel.: +43 512 319 115 Fax: +43 512 319 114