The availability of research facilities and a place for quiet reflection in combination with efficient access to scientific literature is fundamental to a modern university infrastructure.
We support your study, research and teaching activities:
- MCI provides libraries and study areas with a wide selection of books, journals, magazines and newspapers. The three libraries are also equipped with a printer/copier, a book scanner, reading desks and PC workstations.
- We offer access to an extensive digital collection of eBooks, eJournals & more from many different subject areas, see databases. This offer is constantly being expanded.
- All of our online resources are easily accessible on and off MCI campus. To access the licensed online content remotely, please use your usual MCI login.
- To complement its own library services, the MCI has a cooperation agreement with the University and State Library of Tyrol (ULB).
Contact us by phone and e-mail or use our online consulting options and trainings - we will be happy to support you! ♥
Your MCI Library Services #askyourlibrarian #loveyourlibrarian
firstname.lastname@example.org | +43 512 2070 1122 & 1124
Search online resources of the MCI library (access on MCI campus and remote access) here:
Find print resources of the MCI libraries in the ULB's discovery service (where you also find all print and online resources of ULB; no remote access):
Software to support your academic writing and referencing - free for all MCI affiliates, available for Windows and in a web-based version (also for Mac users; register with your MCI email address):
Please note: The licence, which is due to end on December 31st, will be renewed on time! Not to worry, nothing will get lost and the renewal will be completed on time!
You need support for your literature research or academic writing? We are happy to advise you in person, by email, phone or online - spontaneously or by appointment.
Additionally, we offer regular office hours (#askyourlibrarian) and courses, free of charge and without registration.
Simply join us at our MCI Meeting Room:
Ask your Librarian ♥
You have questions regarding research, access, Citavi, referencing, plagiarism & more? We will find the answers!
- MON 05.12. 12:30 - 13:30
- WED 14.12. 16:00 - 17:00
- WED 21.12. 16:00 - 17:00
Literature research in databases
Where and how do you find the "right" literature? And how can you get access to it? We will show you how easy that can be!
- WED 07.12. 16:00 - 17:00
- FRI 16.12. 12:30 - 13:15
Citavi Web & Windows BASICS
We will show you how to get the free licence, how to collect and manage references & insert them into your document. Proper referencing according to your guidelines will be so much easier and faster!
- FRI 02.12. 12:30 - 13:15
- FRI 09.12. 12:30 - 13:15
- MON 19.12. 12:30 - 13:15
Citavi Web & Windows ADVANCED
We will show you how to best use the knowledge organization and structuring tools in Citavi and a few more tips & tricks!
- MON 12.12. 12:30 - 13:15
Find more seminars and workshops on: https://www.mci4me.at/en/services/career-center/seminars-workshops
Trainings at the ULB: https://www.uibk.ac.at/ulb/services/schulungsprogramm.html
More free trainings: Database MarketLine
The libraries and study areas at our locations are open. The same requirements apply as for face-to-face events.
Study areas: 1., 3. and 4. floor
Monday - Saturday
|8 am - 5 pm*|
Study area: Basement floor
|Monday - Friday||8:30 am - 4 pm*|
Study area: Ground floor
Monday - Saturday
|8 am - 5 pm*|
|*Depending on lectures, longer opening hours are possible, e.g. Friday until 9 pm.|
In addition to its own library services, the MCI has signed an exemplary cooperation agreement with the University and State Library of Tyrol (ULB) which provides MCI’s researchers, lecturers and students with full access to the university library facilities.
- Use of ULB services (lending, interlibrary loan, reading rooms) requires the activation of the MCI Student Card as ULB library card:
myMCI > Profiles > Privacy > ULB
(if you don't have a student card yet, you can still activate it and use any form of personal ID for using the ULB services)
- Opening hours of all ULB branches
- For longer stays a check-in via the booking terminal or at the service desk is required, you can book a seat in advance; find more info here (in German)
(however, as the reservation system is available only in German, you can also simply go to the service desk in the library, ask for a place and they will help you there with the check-in)