The availability of research facilities and a place for quiet reflection in combination with efficient access to scientific literature is fundamental to a modern university infrastructure.
We support your study, research and teaching activities:
- MCI provides libraries and study areas with a wide selection of books, journals, magazines and newspapers. The three libraries are also equipped with a printer/copier, a book scanner, reading desks and PC workstations.
- We offer access to an extensive digital collection of eBooks, eJournals & more from many different subject areas, see databases. This offer is constantly being expanded.
- All of our online resources are easily accessible on and off MCI campus. To access the licensed online content remotely, please use your usual MCI login.
- To complement its own library services, the MCI has a cooperation agreement with the University and State Library of Tyrol (ULB).
Contact us by phone and e-mail or use our online consulting options and trainings - we will be happy to support you! ♥
Your MCI Library Services #askyourlibrarian #loveyourlibrarian
email@example.com | +43 512 2070 1122 & 1124
Search online resources of the MCI library (access on MCI campus and remote access) here:
Find print resources of the MCI libraries in the discovery service of the University and State Library of Tyrol; Access to the universitiy online resources only on the University Campus Innsbruck:
You need support for your literature research or academic writing? We are happy to advise you in person, by email, phone or online - spontaneously or by appointment.
Additionally, we offer regular office hours (#askyourlibrarian) and courses, free of charge and without registration.
Simply join us at our MCI Meeting Room:
Ask your Librarian ♥
You have questions regarding research, access, Citavi, referencing, plagiarism & more? We will find the answers!
- on Mondays at 11 am
- on Wednesdays at 3 pm
- on Fridays at 12:30 pm
Find more seminars and workshops on: https://www.mci4me.at/en/services/career-center/seminars-workshops
Trainings at the ULB: https://www.uibk.ac.at/ulb/services/schulungsprogramm.html
More free trainings: Database MarketLine
Citavi is the Software to support your academic writing and referencing - free for all MCI affiliates, available for Windows and in a web-based version (also for Mac users).
The libraries and study areas at our locations are open for you on the following days and times:
Study areas: 1., 3. and 4. floor
Monday - Saturday
|The library opening hours correspond to the building opening hours.|
Study area: Basement floor
|Monday - Friday|
Study area: Ground floor
Monday - Saturday
In addition to its own library services, the MCI has signed an exemplary cooperation agreement with the University and State Library of Tyrol (ULB) which provides MCI’s researchers, lecturers and students with full access to the university library facilities.
- Use of ULB services (lending, interlibrary loan, reading rooms) requires the activation of the MCI Student Card as ULB library card:
myMCI > Profiles > Privacy > ULB
(if you don't have a student card yet, you can still activate it and use any form of personal ID for using the ULB services)
- Opening hours of all ULB branches
- For longer stays a check-in via the booking terminal or at the service desk is required, you can book a seat in advance.
(however, as the reservation system is available only in German, you can also simply go to the service desk in the library, ask for a place and they will help you there with the check-in)
- You can also and use inter-library loan (for literature that is not available in Innsbruck) after login to BibSearch.