What opportunities do students have?
The MCI offers a range of opportunities to get involved in community activities and projects. These include:
- Practical projects as part of regular studies
Working on topics and questions for the direct benefit of non-profit or other organizations working for the common good in the context of courses with practical projects.
- Researching a relevant topic within the framework of the Bachelor's or Master's thesis
Working on topics and questions for the direct benefit of non-profit organisations or other organisations working for the common good within the framework of the Bachelor's or Master's thesis.
- Internship with a non-profit organization or other charitable organization.
Students can complete their internship with a non-profit organization or other charitable organization.
- Voluntary work (with credits)
Voluntary involvement in associations or networks that serve the common good can be a decisive advantage in the job application process. MCI students can have at least 20 hours of volunteer work (unpaid work in which they help a charity or nonprofit organization) credited as an elective subject in the badge "Responsible Management".
Through their involvement in projects and activities for the common good, students have the opportunity to:
- transfer and apply the knowledge acquired in class to specific work situations, and to acquire additional skills in the process
- learn more about their community
- connect with a meaningful network of people and organizations
- develop their communication, team and leadership skills
- gain work experience & develop a career advantage
- give something back to the community.
As the "Entrepreneurial School", the MCI also supports entrepreneurial activities of our students which aim to find innovative, sustainable and pragmatic solutions to social problems or to create social advantages by means of innovative services or products. We work together with relevant organizations to motivate aspiring social entrepreneurs and to provide them with the necessary knowledge to excel.
SETup helps people to solve social problems in an entrepreneurial way.
The Social Impact Award supports prospective social entrepreneurs in the development and implementation of their innovative ideas.
The MCI Creativity Award selects and awards outstanding and innovative business ideas submitted by MCI students – why not pitch for a business idea that serves a good cause?